Dough forget to vote!
It’s election time in the Philippines and one of two things will happen to the voters of this nation: One is that many will forget to vote, and Two, many will vote multiple times… Well that’s just the way the country works…
But either way, it’s good to know that there are people out there who do their part in reminding forgetful, non-news-watching, non-tv-viewing, non-radio-listening, non-internet-checking people to go out and vote.
At Krispy Kreme, they made some new, limited edition doughnuts that will surely remind you to go out and vote. Even better is that they’ll reward you with an “Orange You Glad” (orange juice type shake) drink if you come into selected Krispy Kreme branches and show your voting finger stamp. Of course, you can probably just stamp your finger with a regular stamp, but that’d be really sleezy and the doughnut gods will frown upon you.
Also, if you want to practice your voting skills, you can come into a Krispy Kreme outlet where you will, for a limited time, place your order with a ballot-like form where you have to shade in your doughnut orders. It’s practice for people who have never shaded ballots before. Believe me, it’s much more complicated than you think… just ask the citizens of Florida!
Anyway, thanks to Krispy Kreme, here are some tips on preparing yourselves for the upcoming elections:
1. Turnout will be HUGE! So come before 7am, unless you want to be in line all day.
2. Keep your cool! Stock up on H2O, you don’t want to add to the heat of the election fever, right?
3. Did you know you’re only given one ballot? So make a list or better yet, use a Krispy Kreme vote 2010 mock ballot as your guide. (available at participating outlets)
4. Bring a friend or two! Make the elections a fun democracy date.
After you vote:
5. On May 10, add this page where you can get a coupon on Facebook – http://Facebook.com/hotlightgirlchloe then go to your nearest Krispy Kreme branch, present your coupon, flip your finger (not the bad one) marked with indelible ink and enjoy a free Krispy Kreme Orange You Glad Chiller.
So yeah, When In Manila (had to say that) on May 10, don’t forget to cast your vote for the people who will best govern the Philippines to make it a better place to live in. Then, do come to Krispy Kreme where you can get rewarded for your right to vote!