Very Interesting Social Media Statistics: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Linkedin etc…
Here’s some VERY interesting social media statistics that I found on http://trak.in
It’s pretty amazing to see how quickly and how aggressively social media is growing. It has totally changed the communication landscape in the past few years.It’ll be even more interesting to see where it will take us in the next coming years.
Social Media Statistics
- Facebook claims that 50% of active users log into the site each day. This would mean at least 175m users every 24 hours.
- Twitter now has 75m user accounts, but only around 15m are active users on a regular basis.
- LinkedIn has over 50m members worldwide..
- Facebook currently has in excess of 350 million active users on global basis.Six months ago, this was 250m…This means over 40% growth in less than 6 months.
- Flickr now hosts more than 4 billion images.
- More than 35m Facebook users update their status each day.
- Wikipedia currently has in excess of 14m articles, meaning that it’s 85,000 contributors have written nearly a million new posts in six months.
- Photo uploads to Facebook have increased by more than 100%. Currently, there are around 2.5bn uploads to the site each month.
- Back in 2009, the average user had 120 friends within Facebook. This is now around 130.
- Mobile is even bigger than before for Facebook, with more than 65m users accessing the site through mobile-based devices. In six months, this is over 100% increase.
- There are more than 3.5bn pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, etc.) shared each week on Facebook.
- There are now 11m LinkedIn users across Europe.
- Towards the end of last year, the average number of tweets per day was over 27.3 million.
- The average number of tweets per hour was around 1.3m.
- 15% of bloggers spend 10 or more hours each week blogging, according to Technorati’s new State of the Blogosphere.
- At the current rate, Twitter will process almost 10 billion tweets in a single year.
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the USA.
- India is currently the fastest-growing country to use LinkedIn, with around 3m total users.
- More than 250 Facebook applications have over a million combined users each month.
- 70% of bloggers are organically talking about brands on their blog.
- 38% of bloggers post brand or product reviews.
- More than 80,000 websites have implemented Facebook Connect since December 2008 and more than 60m Facebook users engage with it across these external sites each month.
You might also like
|The Digital Lab (Internet Marketing Seminar) Very excited to be at The Digital Lab - internet marketing seminar put together by BBDO and Proximity...||Importance of New Media Marketing TODAY If' you're not starting your online marketing then you are seriously hurting yourself. It doesn't have...||Is there a Tech Bubble? Social Media Valuations Info Graphic Do you think there is a tech bubble? Well here’s this really cool social media valuations infographic...||SOCIALNOMICS: The Economics of Social Networking & Social Media Here's a video with some very compelling info about "Socialnomics" which is pretty much the economics...|