Things I Wish People Knew When Driving in the Philippines
Driving in the Philippines isn’t quite like it is anywhere else. Here are some things I wish people would think of while driving when in the Philippines.
- Patience isn’t just a virtue… it’s a flippin necessity!
- You can start your day off by smiling and keeping the little things exactly what they’re supposed to be – little. Or, you could totally BLOW UP and frustrate yourself at that one guy who cut you off on the road. It’ll really reflect the rest of your day. Your choice.
- Size doesn’t matter
- Just coz you drive a bigger car doesn’t mean that you’re the king of the road.
- Motorcycles, bikes and pedestrians are people too you know!
- Pedestrians should have the right of way
- I mean they’re walking… you’re driving…. you hit them… they die…. So can we just wait an extra few seconds to let them cross the street?
- Did honking your horn that much really make things move faster?
- Like really? Quit being a horn-y-bastard (get it… ‘horn-y’…. no…? Nevermind!)
- Mind your manners
- If you insist on flipping me off every time something doesn’t go your way, then I insist that you also say thank you during times that they do – like when I let you cut in front of me
- The evil stare makes you look like a punk
- Don’t give me a stare down like you’re gonna do something while you drive off and hide behind your locked car. It just makes you look like a wuss
- Try smiling, it makes everyone’s days better
- They invented this thing called “Trash Cans”
- USE IT!
- Stop throwing stuff out your window! This is YOUR WORLD and YOUR COUNTRY too!
- It would be nice if you were nice
- It’ll make this long road trip better for me and you
- I know you have somewhere to go and you’re in a rush, so is everyone else. Can’t we all just get along?
Hope you’re all having a wonderful driven and driving day!
*Image #1 photo credits to http://filamfunk.blogspot.com
You might also like
|Adam Carolla vs Manny Pacquiao & the Philippines Here we go again, anther comedian says something about the Philippines and everyone and their mom thinks...||Entrepreneurs Can Change the World Do you remember when you were a kid and you thought you could do anything? You still can. Because...||10 Things to Learn from Japan I'm not sure who wrote this piece. It seems to be a chain email circulating as I've received it a few...||Sharks! “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” -Spencer Johnson If there was no fear in you, what...|