Sunday Bloody Book Review 4 – “SECRETS OF POWER NEGOTIATING” by Roger Dawson
Sunday Bloody Book Review 4 -
“Secrets of Power Negotiating (Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator)” by Roger Dawson
You will never realize how important negotiation skills are until you read this book. The author, Roger Dawson, is one of the country’s top negotiating experts and a leading speaker on sales and management.
Everyday, you are constantly negotiating. You negotiate with your friends on where to go eat dinner, you negotiate with your professors for your class grades, you negotiate any time you need to reach an agreement with another person, and you negotiate every time you want something to be done your way.
This book bears with it essential tools needed to be a better at making all parties happy; whether choosing to watch the movie Iron Man over some chick flick your girlfriend wants to watch or choosing to go party Downtown at Stingaree instead of going to the Typhoon Saloon in PB. This book will make life easier for you.
Excerpts from the Secrets of Power Negotiating :
- Devalue the importance of the bargaining chip–don’t let them know how important it is to you.
- If you reach an impasse, set aside the key issue, and create momentum by reaching agreement on little points.
- Never jump at the first offer, however good it looks.
- At the end, nibble for something extra, or something they wouldn’t agree to earlier. However, look out for people nibbling on you. You’re most vulnerable when you think the negotiations are all over.
- Flinch at the other side’s proposal. They may not think for a moment that you’ll agree to it, and flinching will get you a concession.
- When asked for a small concession, ask for something in return–it stops the grinding-away process.
- Position the other side for easy acceptance with a small concession made just at the last moment.
I only have three rating scales -
- Must read
- OK read but you’ll live without it
- Don’t bother
“Secrets of Power Negotiating” by Roger Dawson is a MUST READ! It gives you so many insights that have proven vital for me personally. I’m a firm believer that everyone needs to have a sales job at least once in their lives. I’m also a firm believer that you need to know how to negotiate with that job…
You might also like
|Sunday Bloody Book Review 6 – “THE ONE MINUTE MANAGER” by Ken Blanchard, Ph.D & Spencer Johnson Sunday Bloody Book Review 6 - "The One Minute Manager" by Ken Blanchard, Ph.D & Spencer Johnson This...||Sunday Bloody Book Review 1 – “WHY MEN DON’T LISTEN & WOMEN CAN’T READ MAPS” by Allan & Barbara Peas Sunday Bloody Book Review 1 - "WHY MEN DON'T LISTEN & WOMEN CAN'T READ MAPS" by Allan &...||Sunday Bloody Book Review 2 – “SURREALITY” by Carissa Villacorta Sunday Bloody Book Review 2 - "Surreality" by Carissa Villacorta Surreality is a wonderful...||Sunday Bloody Book Review 3 – “WHO MOVED MY CHEESE” by Dr. Spencer Johnson Sunday Bloody Book Review 3 - "Who Moved My Cheese" by Dr. Spencer Johnson The only constant...|